Officials have identified James Rice as the firefighter who died at a fire today in Peabody, Mass.
The fire went to 3 alarms at 5 Hancock Street in Peabody. Firefighters from Danvers, Salem and Lynnfield also responded to the fire to assist. The initial call came in around 1:30pm.
Many were circulating the news very early on twitter. They used the nickname “Jim” when referring to James. I am not sure that he went by Jim or not.
- Two-alarm fire in Peabody
- Massive blaze at home on Hancock Street in Peabody
- Peabody firefighter injured battling three-alarm blaze
- UPDATE: Hancock Street Fire is Out; 13 Left Homeless
- UPDATE: Firefighters Battle Three-Alarm Blaze; One Firefighter Taken to Hospital
- Statter911.com has some additional photo links and information