TheFireStore.com sent me this camera a couple of months ago. I have said in the past that I am not a huge fan of having lights on my helmet. I used to wear a helmet camera until my department prohibited their use. I must say that I am very impressed with this helmet light.
One of my biggest issues with helmet lights is that when in use and you make eye contact, you can be blinded by the light or blind others with the light. This helmet light is unique in that is has dual lights that you can use one or the other…or both.
One light directs a beam directly out that lights up the area in front of you very well and moves with your sight.
The other mode offers a flood light pointed down about about a 45 degree angle in front of you that lights your way free of blinding those you might be talking to. This mode is the one I use primarily and it is bright and offers plenty of light to help you see where you are walking in poor light situations.
I think I have finally found a helmet light I will keep on my helmet!
This would be a perfect Christmas gift, birthday gift, or other gift for that special firefighter in your life!
Pros: bright light; Dual mode; rear facing green LED light.
Cons: Adds weight to your helmet.
I would recommend this light to others, and I will give it a 5 out of 5 stars.
I will continue to wear this light and I have gotten a lot of use out of it!
More about the NightStick Helmet-Mounted Multi-Function Dual-Light:
A great option for hands-free lighting, the NightStick Helmet-Mounted Multi-Function Dual-Light easily outshines the competition thanks to its powerful 220-lumen, tightly focused beam capable of stretching for 183 meters (600 feet).
Positioned directly beneath the flashlight is a user-selectable brightness floodlight perfectly angled at 45 degrees. Offering the choice of 100 or 50 lumens for typical use, the floodlight’s soft, unfocused light pattern assists in safely accomplishing a wide variety of tasks: reading respirator gauges, inspecting, or doing work within an arm’s reach. When utilizing “dual-light” mode – the flashlight and the floodlight used in tandem – the wearer is able to illuminate the distance and ground simultaneously, resulting in maximum versatility and user safety. Additionally, the floodlight’s “survival” mode offers 15 lumens for 60-plus hours in case of emergencies.
Constructed from ADC12 aluminum alloy, the light offers the following:
- Meets all NFPA-1971-8.6 requirements.
- Front-facing light features two lower settings of 30 or 100 lumens.
- Features CREE LED technology that offers 50,000-plus hours of light.
- Compatible with essentially all types of helmets and hardhats.
- Able to be mounted on the brims of either side of most helmets.
- Exact angle and position can be achieved for optimal, unobstructed light alignment, despite if face shields and goggles are worn.
- A rear-facing, green safety LED.
- Dual-button switch.
- Waterproof, impact, and chemical resistant.
- Serialized to ensure personal identification.
- Two CR-123 batteries are included and supply its power source.
- Dual-Light: Yes
- Multi-Function: Yes
- Flashlight Lumens: 220 / 100 / 30
- Floodlight Lumens: 100 / 50 / 15
- Dual-Light Lumens: 175
- Beam Distance: 183 m / 120 m / 59 m
- Candela: 8,073 / 3,669 / 861
- Drop Rating: 2 m
- Water Rating: IP-X7
- Flashlight Runtime: 3.5 / 10 / 33.5
- Floodlight Runtime: 10 / 21.5 / 60
- Dual-Light Runtime: 4.5
- Strobe Runtime: 6
- Floodlight Color: White
- Type of Floodlight: Solid
- Switch Function:
- Dual Switches Flashlight – High, Medium and Low-Brightness
- Floodlight – High, Medium-Brightness and Survival mode and Both for Dual-Light
- Length: 3.2 in (82 mm)
- Width: 1.4 in (36 mm)
- Weight: 5 oz (143 g)
- Diameter: 1.1 in (29 mm)
- Light Source: LED
- Case Material: ADC12 Aluminum Alloy
- Body Color: Black
- Quantity of Batteries: 2
- Power Source: CR-123 Lithium Primary Batteries
- Package Contents: Light, Two different length brim mounting Allen set screws, Allen wrench, 2 – CR-123 Lithium batteries
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime