Firefighters are potentially exposed to a wide range of dangerous particles through their work – some of which are carcinogens. As we see it, that’s a cause for concern – and it’s also something that European-based protective clothing manufacturer VIKING Life-saving Equipment is working on, too. They’ve been developing turnout gear that’s aimed at cutting down how many potentially dangerous contaminants – carried in dirt, dust, ash and so on – get onto a firefighter’s skin.
We think they’re onto something good here, because it’s not just a problem while fighting fires, it’s the way all those contaminants get carried away from the fire, too, even getting deposited into the fire truck and the fire station endangering the health of our fire fighters. We’ll have more for you on the VIKING gear soon – so stay in touch.
Captain Wines, Andrew Catron, and myself will be in the Viking booth at FDIC. Our itinerary is below:
- 11am – 1pm – TECGEN PPE Booth #13109
- 1pm – 2pm – Viking Life Saving Equipment Booth #1100
- 2pm – 4pm – Black Diamond Fire Equipment Booth #801
- 4pm – 6pm – Demers Ambulances Booth #4731
- 9am – 10am – TECGEN PPE Booth #13109
- 11am – 12pm – Viking Life Saving Equipment Booth #1100
- 1pm – 3pm – Demers Ambulances Booth #4731
- 3pm – 5pm – Black Diamond Fire Equipment Booth #801
- 10am – 11am – Viking Life Saving Equipment Booth #1100
- 11am – 1pm – Black Diamond Fire Equipment Booth #801