Yeah, I said “PIO Cam”. Prince George’s County, MD PIO Mark Brady has apparently got a new camera. He is using a GoPro to capture some scene video. This is his first time out with the new camera.
Video by: Mark Brady. Video info: Firefighter and 3 Civilians Injured in Hyattsville House Fire – 38th Avenue – Smoke Alarms Work
One firefighter and three civilians, including a 5 year old child, were injured during a Hyattsville house fire this morning. At about 9:15 am, Thursday, March 13, 2014, firefighters from Bunker Hill, Hyattsville and several other nearby stations were alerted to a house fire in the 5000 block of 38th Avenue with people trapped in the house.
Firefighters arrived at the split-level single family home with fire showing from the rear of the house.
A rapid search of the entire house was completed with negative results. There were 2 adult males and a 5-year-old male that were in the home when the fire started and were able to escape before the Fire Departments arrival. All three sustained minor injuries escaping their burning home.
A working smoke alarm provided a few precious moments allowing the occupants to escape with just minor injuries.
The three occupants were transported to a local hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
One firefighter sustained burns to an ear. He was transported and treated at the Burn Unit at Medstar Washington Hospital Center. He was released early this afternoon.
It is believed that high winds today aided in the rapid advancement of the fire from the area of origin in the rear of the house through the front of the house.
The fire was extinguished within 25 minutes of arrival. The cause of the fire is accidental and attributed to an electrical malfunction with fire loss estimated at $50,000.