As you can imagine, The Fire Critic is not a huge fan of pranks. We all want to be taken seriously and those who know me understand that I am very dry, not funny, and don’t like the Fire/EMS service to be taken lightly.
April 1st is over, the jokes are out of the way. I really want to get down to business!
What shall we discuss first?
- Career vs. Volunteer
- Solid tip vs. Fog
- Women in the Fire Service
- Felons as firefighters
- Brownouts, Station Closures, Layoffs, and Furloughs
- Racism and Sexism in the Firehouse
- Helmet Cameras
- Tweeting Pictures of Patients
- Dave Statters use of blog titles longer than the post itself
- Fire Based EMS
- Running EMS Calls on the Engine
- Minimum Staffing
- Minimum age for Being a Firefighter and/or Paramedic
- Prematurely Pronouncing a “Live” Patient as “Dead”
- The “IAFF” Doesn’t Do Anything For Me
- Why Do We Have To Train?
- You Fire Guys Don’t Fight Fire Anymore
- EMS is the BreadWinner in the Fire Based EMS Model
- Getting Paid To Sleep
- Republicans vs. Democrats
- Kentland Volunteers
- Jerry Engle’s Antics
- Firefighter Arsonists
- Two Hatters
- What to Carry in Your Pockets
- Lights on POV’s
- Leather Helmet or not
That should be a good start….go ahead and comment. I wonder what topic will be discussed first!