I have been busy here at the Fire Critic headquarters (FCHQ) getting some loose ends taken care of. If you haven’t noticed I have an awkward schedule of posting. It used to be more frequent and regimented, it isn’t so much like that anymore.
The reason for that is because I have been spending a lot of time getting VAFireNews.com redesigned. I have obligations on that site and advertisers to keep happy! It is the “bread and butter” operation of my life on the Internet.
Therefore, Fire Critic and some other projects I have created take the back burner. Fire Critic not been neglected all that much though. I have belted out some decent posts here recently.
However, I just put the finishing touches on 3 new “pages” here at the Fire Critic.The pages may be viewed on the navigation bar just below the Fire Critic Banner.
- Product Reviews – this is something I have wanted to get involved in for a long time. I am finally set up for it. I will probably be sending out some emails to companies suggesting a review. However, if you have a product you would like reviewed just take a look at the product review policy. Likewise, if you are a firefighter/EMT who would like to see me review a certain product just let me know. I will contact the company and keep you informed on the process. link here
- Merchandise – I have added a link on the “Fire Critic Gear” page to our online shop for Fire Critic merchandise. Be sure to get your order in before Christmas! link here
- Disclaimer – I added a disclaimer for the Fire Critic. Please review it so you know what is going on! link here
Advertising – One other thing I am working on is advertising on FireCritic.com. There are two main ways of advertising on the Fire Critic.
- The leaderboard position at the very top of the blog, the 300×250 at the very top of the sidebar, and potentially a skyscraper ad on the sidebar are handled by a third party advertising agency. Please let me know if you would like to advertise there and I will put you in touch with the proper persons. This is click through advertising.
- Direct advertising on the site. I will be placing a 300×250 advertising spot directly below the “Hook up with the Fire Critic” on the sidebar. Look for it soon..let me know if you are interested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are coming full circle now!!!
Just wait until the radio show/podcast!!!