Video: Man Saves Family From Milford, Ma Fire

Video by: sparkywfd. Video info: A man awoke to his home full of smoke around 6am on Sunday, April 7, 2013 and led his family to safety, sliding them down the stairs from the 2nd floor through the heavy smoke.

The entire front of the house was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived, prompting the chief to strike a 2nd alarm. The fire appeared to have started near the front porch and extended into the house, completely destroying it. Firefighters did experience some water problems as firefighters were forced to fight the blaze from the exterior.

It took about an hour to bring the fire under control. The family’s dog also escaped but their cats were unaccounted for.