The Fire Critic and Leatherhead Projects have teamed up for a one of a kind giveaway. We are giving away one (1) one-off custom Phenix TL2 Leather Helmet. The helmet will be custom made for the winner by Phenix Technologies and then customized by Leatherhead Projects. The only thing you have to do to enter is right here. The winner will be picked on March 17, 2013.
Congratulations to Firefighter Min Miller for winning the Ultimate Leather Lid Giveaway!
Scroll down for information on Leatherhead Projects, the helmet being given away, and rules/regulations.
Then check out Leatherhead Projects on Facebook and click “like”*
Leatherhead Projects is a firefighter owned custom leather shop that creates helmet shields, belts, suspenders, sporrans, id tags, locker id tags, radio straps and cases, helmet tets, and many more custom items. They can build just about anything out of leather.
Because of my pride in the fire department, it is an honor for me to add to the rich traditions of the fire service. I take great pride in my leather projects, and am proud to say that all of my products are made right here in the USA, and whenever possible I purchase USA made goods and products to be used on my leather! These products include hides, paints and dyes!
What started as one firefighter wanting some cool suspenders has turned into awesome products made for firefighters by a firefighter! Check out some of the products we offer and if you don’t see it here, give us a shout and we’ll see if we can take care of your leather needs! Read more about Leatherhead Projects here.
The Ultimate Leather Lid (Custom Phenix TL2 Helmet) Being Given Away:
For a few hundred years, American Firefighters have worn some variation of a Leather “lid” while fighting fires and saving lives. The Phenix TL-2 was developed to provide comfort and reliability while maintaining a beautiful traditional look. Weighing about 55 ounces, it’s one of the lightest and most durable helmets on the market. It’s a handmade masterpiece built in the USA.
Available in numerous custom colors or with a “Natural” Finish, the TL-2 is handmade here in the United States. Like all Phenix Helmets the TL-2 is customizable to fit the need of you or your department.
TL2 Leather Helmets are available in four standard colors; yellow, black, white, and red. Custom colors & natural available upon request for additional cost.
Brim Bend Options
Because the TL2’s exterior shell is made of only top quality leather hides it allows for a custom bend on the brim. There are 5 custom brim bend options which include Standard Phenix Bend, Boston Straight Bend, Bronx Bend, Colorado Bend, Cowboy Bend. Pictures of the different bends are available at www.leatherheadprojects.com/brim-bend.html. What style will fit you and your uniqueness?
Custom Brim Stamping
Custom rear brim stamping is available to customize your helmet to you. Brim stamping is a great way to add your name permanently to the helmet for scene identification or to add a custom logo or saying. Samples of brim stamping are available at www.leatherheadprojects.com/brim-stamping.html.
There are a number of options and accessories for the TL2 to meet your needs. Some options include sewn in or detachable ear flaps, Paulson ATAC or ESS Goggles both band or detachable systems available and/or authentic flip down eye shields (Bourke’s) that come in your choice of clear, smoke or yellow. Full leather comfort package that includes comfort pad, crown pad, and ratchet cover. Complete accessory pack which includes helmet rubber band, 2 door wedges and a Garrity life lite. Many other options are available for your leather lid through LeatherheadProjects.com
The ULTIMATE LEATHER LID includes:
- Phenix Technologies TL2 Traditional Leather helmet model #TL003D-ESS
- Leather shell with inner thermoplastic dome
- Impact Cap
- Upgraded Leather custom comfort pad
- Ratchet Suspension with 8” Detachable Earlaps
- Nomex Combo chinstrap with postman slide & quick release
- ESS Innerzone II Gogles with Snap on/off kit.
- Authentic Flip Down Eye shield choice of clear, smoke or yellow.
- Standard Color choice of White, Black, Yellow, or Red. (Natural and other colors available for an upgrade cost)
- Brim Bend of choice Standard Phenix Bend, Boston Straight Bend, Bronx Bend, Colorado Bend or the Cowboy Bend.
- Rear Brim Stamping custom name.
- Under Brim Engraving of Leatherhead Projects & The Fire Critic Logos
- LEATHERHEAD PROJECTS Custom 13-15 oz thick 1 piece USA Leather Hide Helmet Shield.
- Complete accessory package with helmet band, Garrity life lite, and 2 door chocks.
- Custom set of reflective tetrahedrons with color of choice and (4) tetrahedrons with letters or symbols of choice.
The ULTIMATE LEATHER LID is over a $750 value!!!
Giveaway Rules and Regulations
*You DO NOT have to “like” any pages on Facebook to be entered to win.
- One entry per email address. Enter here
- To enter, simply fill out the entry form and submit.
- Not valid where restricted by law.
- One (1) winner will be picked randomly at the end of the giveaway (March 17, 2013).
- This helmet is being given away by Leatherhead Projects via FireCritic.com.
- The helmet will be custom made by Phenix Technology Inc. and then customized by Leatherhead Projects. Once complete, it will be shipped to the winner.
- No purchase required for entry into giveaway.
- Any issues, questions, or comments should be directed to email: email@example.com
- International winners (outside the U.S.) may be required to pay for shipping of helmet.