Video: Kansas City, MO Firefighters Battle Large Fire at Country Club Plaza. Fire Started with Gas Explosion

Live Video is available here

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Firefighters are battling a large fire raging on the Country Club Plaza.

CBS affiliate KCTV says the fire was reported about 6 p.m. when several people said they heard a loud boom.

A spokesman for the Kansas City Fire Department said a gas explosion sparked the blaze. Injuries have been reported, but no word on the extent of the injuries, authorities said.

According to the CBS affiliate KCTV, multiple injuries have been reported. At least three are in critical condition at the nearby St. Luke’s Medical Center. Those three suffered burns and lacerations.

WDAF reporters said the gas is still on even though it has been over an hour since the explosion.

The explosion has blown out windows and caused damage to buildings close by.

Image from

Join over 20,000 others on The Fire Critic Facebook Page