Announcing the 2nd annual Black Diamond Boots Fire & EMS Blog of the Year Contest 2010-2011. Let’s find out who the best is!
Black Diamond Boots EMS Blog of the Year 2010-2011
A Day in the Life of an Ambulance Driver – by Kelly Grayson
By day he is a mild-mannered paramedic, writer and educator. At night, wearing his multi-pocketed EMS pants, he transforms into Ambulance Driver, a trauma-fighting superhero who prowls the dark streets and seamy underbelly of the city in search of little old ladies who have fallen and can’t get up.
Check out A Day in the Life of an Ambulance Driver – by Kelly Grayson
Black Diamond Boots Fire Blog of the Year 2010-2011
Iron Firemen – by Willie Wines Jr.
Hello and thanks for visiting IronFiremen.com My name is Willie Wines Jr and I am the author of the site. Obviously, I am a Professional Firefighter (Captain) and I work in a City located in South West Va. I began blogging a fews years back while assigned to Station #9. The Station (3 shifts) went in together and ran a blog that we hoped would give everyone a look into “firehouse life”. The blog is now dorment due to the Station being shut down (closed and consolidated) but you can still view the site here. I was moved to Station #3 but decided not to participate in their blog but rather start a new one of my own (The Station #3 Blog was not updated regularly and I didn’t want it to seem as if I were “taking over” ).
Check out Iron Firemen – by Willie Wines Jr.
The winners will receive a pair of the X2 boots from Black Diamond Footwear.
This year we will have TWO Categories – Fire & EMS
Black Diamond Boots Fire Blog of the Year – Nominated blogs must be about firefighting. Nominated Fire blogs are here
Black Diamond Boots EMS Blog of the Year – Nominated blogs must be about emergency medical services (EMS). Nominated EMS blogs are here
This years contest is sponsored by Black Diamond Protective Equipment
Timeline of events:
- Nomination period (closed)
- Judges (TBA) will rank the blogs in each category. The judges are here
- The top ranked blogs decided by the judges will move on to voting (7 finalists in each category)
- Voting will occur (January 24 – February 1)
- The winners will be announced live on Firefighter Netcast on February 2 at 9pm (The Firefighter Netcast Show)
- The winners will receive a brand new pair of Black Diamond X2 Boots (more information on the X2 boot here .pdf document)
Don’t forget to check out the 2009 Fire/EMS Blog of the Year Medic 999
Full Details and Rules:
One thing I have tried to do here at the Fire Critic is to help showcase other Fire/EMS bloggers. I have done this through the Monday Morning Shoutout, showcasing other bloggers, and linking to others content. I feel as though many fire/EMS blogs don’t get read enough because it is hard to keep up with all of them and some are hard to find. There is one thing for sure…there are some GREAT fire and EMS blogs! This contest will certainly show who the favorites are!
Nominations Have Closed!
Our judges will rank each of the blogs in each category. The 7 best ranking blogs in each category will move on as finalists.
Seven Finalists in each category will be announced and the voting will begin on January 24th.
The finalists will be decided by our judges (TBA)
The finalists will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Caliber of posts relating to the Fire and/or EMS fields
- Design elements in their blog
- Professionalism towards our service(s)
- Use of other social media to extend the network of their blog
- Longevity as a blogger
January 24 – February 1. Beginning at 0000 hours EST on January 24th and ending at 2359 hours EST February 1st
The winner will be announced during the live show on Firefighter Netcast – February 2nd at 9pm EST
- Nomination e-mails MUST include a URL for the actual nominee.
- There is a one nomination per person/email per day limitation
- Everyone can nominate
- Nominees must have a blog relating to Firefighting or EMS
- Voting will be conducted at a page designated by FireCritic.com via poll
- The judges have the right to decide whether or not the nominee is eligible
- Everyone is eligible to vote
- Every valid Nomination Tweet, E-mail, or facebook fan page post will place the nominee into contention to be a Finalist.
- Ten (7) Finalists in each category will be decided by the judges from all the Nominees and will be announced on (TBA) for voting.
- Finalists will have their name, photo/screenshot, and a biography/description posted at Firecritic.com on the voting page.They will also receive a “Black Diamond Boot Fire/EMS Blog of the Year 2010-2011 Finalist” graphic.
- Additional prizes may be announced.
- FireCritic.com reserves the right to change these rules at anytime.
- Sponsorship inquiries are welcome.
- Blogs run by Prinston Media or those of our judges will not be eligible
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments.