Fire/EMS Blog of the Year 2009 (#FCBLOG09 on twitter)
The 2009 Fire and EMS Blog of the Year winner is…
Medic 999 – 999Medic.com
I suppose that formality states that I should introduce myself so that we can all get to know each other a little and hopefully develop this blog to its fullest potential. I am a 30 something paramedic. I have been working for the North East Ambulance Service for the past 8 years and have been working as a State Registered Paramedic for the last 5 years. I have a beautiful wife and 3 wonderful children who like to keep me firmly rooted in reality whenever I walk through the door!
I am one of these strange individuals that every work place has. You know the one I mean… the one who loves his job, the one who stays positive about everything even when things seem to been all going a bit pear shaped.
FULL RULES AND DETAILS
If you would like to sponsor this contest with a prize for the winner please let me know at email@example.com.
Which fire/EMS blog is the best?
A while back I posted about the best fire blogs, EMS blogs and web sites. You can view it here. The problem I had was narrowing it down to the best. Therefore, I am asking you all for help. After all, you don’t care what I think as much as I care what you think! Feel free to use those blogs listed as a guide for some of the best, but your favorite might not be listed.
One thing I have tried to do here at the Fire Critic is to help showcase other Fire/EMS bloggers. I have done this through the Monday Morning Shoutout, showcasing other bloggers, and linking to others content. I feel as though many fire/EMS blogs don’t get read enough because it is hard to keep up with all of them and some are hard to find. There is one thing for sure…there are some GREAT fire and EMS blogs! This contest will certainly show who the favorites are!
Nominations are Closed
Ten finalists will be picked by our judges (TBA) from the list of eligible nominees.
The finalists will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Caliber of posts relating to the Fire and/or EMS fields
- Design elements in their blog
- Professionalism towards our service(s)
- Use of other social media to extend the network of their blog
- Longevity as a blogger
Begins on January 5, 2010 at 2359 hours EST
Concludes on January 12, 2010 at 1759 hours EST
The winner will be announced during the live show on Firefighter Netcast on January 12, 2010 at 8pm EST
Nomination via email or contact form:
- Please include the name of the blog
- Please include the url of the blog (http://www.thesite.com)
- Please include your name
- Please include why you are nominating the blog
- If you do not include your name the nomination will not be counted
Nomination via Twitter:
To Nominate using the Twitter Service please follow this format:
- Place hashtag #FCBLOG09 at the beginning of your nomination
- Explain in 131 characters or less why you think this blogger is the best for 2009
- Twitter users MAY be nominated However, it will be the blog associated with their username that will be the nominee
- Nominations accepted via Twitter must be posted as a public Twitter post in 140 characters or less and must include the hashtag #FCBLOG09 at the beginning of the Tweet.
- Nomination Tweets should be in this format: #FCBLOG09 @Twittername and/or BLOG URL b/c they (-explain the reason you are nominating this user-. Any URLs in the nomination Tweet are required to be the blog being nominated.
- Nomination e-mails MUST include a URL for the actual nominee.
- There is a one nomination per day limitation
- Everyone can nominate
- Nominees must have a blog relating to Firefighting and/or EMS
- Voting will be conducted at a page designated by FireCritic.com via poll
- The judges have the right to decide whether or not the nominee is eligible
- Everyone is eligible to vote
- Every valid Nomination Tweet and E-mail will place the nominee into contention to be a Finalist.
- Ten (10) Finalists will be decided by the judges from all the Nominees and will be announced on January 5, 2010 for voting.
- Finalists will have their name, photo/screenshot, and a biography/description posted at Firecritic.com on the voting page. It will also be included in any written press releases/promotional materials and publications related to the “FCBLOG09” or “Fire/EMS Blog of the Year 2009″, and will receive a “Fire/EMS Blog of the Year 09 Finalist” graphic.
- Additional prizes may be announced.
- FireCritic.com reserves the right to change these rules at anytime.
- Sponsorship inquiries are welcome.
- Blogs run by or created by Prinston Media or those of our judges will not be eligible
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments. Special thanks to Greg Friese and David Konig over at PIOSocialMediaTraining.com for answering some questions and letting me use their past contest as a template.
Copy the code below the images to place the image on your site.
<a href=”http://firecritic.com/contests/blog-of-the-year-09/” target=”_blank”><img src=”/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2009/12/fcems0931.jpg” /></a>
<a href=”http://firecritic.com/contests/blog-of-the-year-09/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://firecritic.com/files/2009/12/fcems097.jpg” /></a>
<a href=”http://firecritic.com/contests/blog-of-the-year-09/” target=”_blank”><img src=”/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2009/12/fcems0951.jpg” /></a>
<a href=”http://firecritic.com/contests/blog-of-the-year-09/” target=”_blank”><img src=”/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2009/12/fcems0911.jpg” /></a>
<a href=”http://firecritic.com/contests/blog-of-the-year-09/” target=”_blank”><img src=”/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2009/12/ffyear1251.jpg” /></a>