I received the Nightstick INTRANT flashlight from TheFireStore.com back in January. Since then, I have been using it for daily use on the job as well as in several training evolutions while we learn our new airpacks. The flashlight comes in 2 colors and either powered by 3 AA batteries or Li-ion rechargeable batteries. I received the model with 3 AA batteries. Since I put it into service, I haven’t had to change the batteries yet.
If you work around me, you know I never like to be without a flashlight when I need one. I have learned my lesson in the past. Additionally, I have found myself reviewing many flashlights!!!
The INTRANT is a tilting head angle light…this means that it can be right angle or straight… or anywhere in between. It is light-weight and has held up well for my use.
Probably the only issue I have had with it is that the on/off buttons on the side of it can easily be depressed when you don’t want it to. You may view that as a pro or a con…yes, it is very easy to turn on, but you may accidentally turn it on when you don’t want to as well.
The light has two lights on it actually. One button works the main lamp and the other works the 45 degree downward angled floodlight. The downward angled floodlight is perfect for lighting up your path as you move forward.
While this may not be the first right angle light offered to the fire service, it is certainly one of the better ones because it is lightweight and offers many more options with the tilting head, downward floodlight, strobe, etc.
Check out the video below for more!
The INTRANT™ Intrinsically Safe Angle Light is a Flashlight, a Floodlight and a Dual-Light Angle Light that is cULus, ATEX, and IECEx certified Intrinsically Safe. The INTRANTs flashlight pivots 90 degrees up and down with a 45 degree downward angled floodlight.
The flashlight setting offers user-selectable brightness settings of 200, 110 and 60 Lumens with a 420 meter beam distance. The ultra-tight beam is perfect for cutting through smoke and lighting up objects at great distances. The floodlight setting has user-selectable brightness settings of 100, 40 and a “Survival Mode” of 20 lumens that provides just enough light in an emergency situation with a run-time of 33 hours.
The Dual-Light mode allows the user to simultaneously see objects at a distance or through the smoke, as well as see the ground in front of them as they walk or work. The INTRANT is powered by 3 included AA batteries and can be upgraded to a rechargeable model by adding the optional rechargeable Lithium-ion battery pack and the charger. The INTRANT is IP-67 dustproof/waterproof and meets requirements of NFPA-1971-8.6 (2013).
- INTRANT™ – “Run In To”
- cULus, ATEX & IECEx Certified Intrinsically Safe
- Class I, II & III, Div 1, Groups A-G
- Small compact design
- Head Rotates up through 90° of adjustment
- 45° Downward Angled Floodlight
- Heavy-Duty Stainless Steel Pocket Clip
- 3 – AA Batteries & Battery Carrier (included)
- Meets requirements for NFPA-1971-8.6 (2013)
- Meets requirements for NFPA-1901 (2009) Mounted in any Position
- IP-67 Water & Dust Proof
- Patented Design & Other US Patents Pending
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Flashlight Lumens: 200 | 110 | 60
- Floodlight Lumens: 100 | 40 | 20 (Survival Mode)
- Dual-Light Lumens: 205
- Flashlight / Floodlight Run-time: 11 | 18 | 33 hrs.
- Dual-Light Run-time: 11 hrs.
- Dual-Light: Yes
- Multi-Function: Yes
- Beam Distance: 420 m
- Candela: 38,000
- Drop Rating: 2 m
- Dust/Water Rating: ANSI IP-67 Dustproof / Waterproof
- Flashlight Runtime: 11 | 18 | 33 h
- Floodlight Runtime: 11 | 18 | 33 h
- Dual-Light Runtime: 11
- Floodlight Color: White
- Type of Floodlight: Solid
- Switch Function: Dual Body Switches – High/Medium/Low/Strobe Flashlight, High/Medium/Survival Floodlight, Dual-Light
- Dimensions: 6.6″ L x 2.6″ W x 2.6″ D | 168 mm L x 66 mm W x 66 mm D
- Weight: 11.1 oz | 315 g
- Head Diameter: 2.1 in | 53 mm
- Light Source: LED
- Case Material: Glass-filled nylon polymer
- Body Color: Red or Hi-Viz Green
- Quantity of Batteries: 3
- Power Source: AA Batteries (included)
- Package Contents: Light, AA Battery Carrier & 3 AA Batteries
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
Designed and manufactured by Bayco Products, Inc., Nightstick is a global brand of professional lighting products, including flashlights, floodlights, headlamps and numerous Intrinsically Safe lighting solutions that continue to exceed industry standards in performance, quality, user-safety, and value. Nightstick’s vast line-up of LED lighting products deliver optimal performance with real-world applications in mind. With an unwavering commitment to product quality and exceptional customer service, Nightstick – Life Depends on LightTM.