You have heard of the Cold Water Challenge which benefited the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF), and now the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
Leatherhead Mafia (FB – site) created the Bunker Drill Challenge. What a great and novel idea. This challenge doesn’t only raise money for the NFFF, but it also gets you gearing up quickly (training) and only takes a minute.
Beings that the NFFF is currently one of only two charities that The Fire Critic endorses, this is an excellent idea and I thought I would share it.
If you don’t know what the NFFF is or does:
Our mission is to honor and remember America’s fallen fire heroes and to provide resources to assist their survivors in rebuilding their lives and work within the Fire Service Community to reduce firefighter deaths.
The rules have been edited a bit since they first went live with the challenge. You have 48 hours to complete it and can do without SCBA in 60 seconds or with SCBA in 90 seconds.
Here are the rules from Leatherhead Mafia:
Listen up Mafia!
We have had the “Cold Water Challenge” and the “Ice Bucket Challenge”. Well I came up with the “Bunker Drill Challenge” for National Fallen Firefighters Foundation. It’s simple and something we all had to do at one point or another.
Rules are simple
- You have to donate either way ($20 if you’re under a minute. If you go over a minute or don’t complete the challenge you donate $100)
- You have 48 hours to complete it
- You must don bunker gear ONLY (no SCBA) in 60 seconds OR You Must don bunker gear AND SCBA in 90 seconds
- Call out 3 other people to complete the challenge
- Upload your video and tag #BunkerDrillChallenge
- Donations to the NFFF can be made here
Now go gear up and spread the word!!