It is no secret that “Selfies” are very popular these days. It enables us to be our very own paparazzi when no one is around to take our picture. There is a selfie that has caught the eye of firefighters pictured in it and apparently pissed off some of them. The selfie in question was taken by a Pike County, Ohio Sherrif’s deputy at a house fire with the caption “Darn Hose Draggers”.
I will leave it up to you to decide whether or not it bothers you.
Here are my thoughts…
- This selfie probably wasn’t the best idea. The Deputy could have saved himself some trouble by not taking the picture and/or not sharing the picture.
- The caption “Darn Hose Draggers” didn’t help him out either.
- I doubt it was done to piss off firefighters, but I have known to be wrong at times.
- I really don’t think that this is a big deal at all.
- It might be a big deal with his boss if it is against policy though.
- Does him calling firefighters “hose draggers” really bother me…no not at all. I think of it as humor. I can’t recount the “donut eating” comments made at my firehouse about cops…all humor, we love our brothers and sisters in blue.